Who can participate in the workshops?
- The workshops and showcase will center and prioritize the voices and experiences of Asian American students from the University of Minnesota and other colleges and universities in the Twin Cities metro area.
Do I have to pre-register/rsvp?
- Pre-registration is not required but highly encouraged. Pre-registration will help us with a sense of attendance for food. You will also receive reminders about your workshop(s) by pre-registering. Walk-ins are welcomed for all workshops!
- Pre-register for workshops here.
Will food be provided at the workshops?
- YES! A light dinner will be provided at all of the workshops on a first come, first serve basis. However, pre-register for each workshop to help us get a better sense of attendance for food.
What if I am interested in just one particular workshop? Do I have to attend all of them?
- You do not need to attend all workshops but we highly encourage you to attend all of them to explore your stories and voice within many different ways.
What if I don’t feel comfortable sharing my work? Do I have to participate in the showcase?
- You do not have to participate in the final showcase but we highly encourage you to share your stories with a supportive environment.
Do I have to attend a workshop to attend the showcase?
- No, the showcase is an event open to all! Come and bring your friends!
Do I have to attend a workshop to be able to perform in the showcase?
- Yes, the showcase is providing a space for workshop participants to share their reflections and growth.
Are there any required training, knowledge or materials I need to prepare for?
- ZERO training or experience required! There is no right or wrong way, people from all experience levels are welcomed. This storytelling project is all about validating our own experiences and uplifting our voices as an Asian American community.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any other questions!